Become a Sponsor
The Gibraltar Philharmonic Society exists to promote classical music in Gibraltar. It is a company limited by guarantee not having a share capital and is a not-for-profit entity. The Society organises a programme of monthly concerts in Gibraltar with admission tickets priced very attractively, and has become known for the quality of the orchestras and artistes it brings. In 2000, the Society became involved with the organisation, auditioning and awarding of the Professional Travel Insurance musical scholarship for talented young Gibraltarian musicians and in 2001 with the staging in Gibraltar of the prestigious Altamura/Caruso International Voice Competition. In 2002 the major event was a fully-staged promotion of Verdi's La Traviata.
To carry out this ambitious programme, the Society relies heavily on Government and corporate sponsorship and advertising revenue from concert programmes. Set out below are the ways in which companies can contribute.
Benefits of Sponsorship
Annual sponsorship provides the following benefits:
- An advertisement (black and white, A5 size - artwork to be provided) in all the season's concert programmes (excepting recitals where a full programme is not produced).
- Inclusion in the list of sponsors which is reproduced in all programmes etc.
- Two free VIP tickets for each concert, with booked seats and drinks during the interval.
- The right to purchase additional VIP tickets as above at the standard price for the concert.
- Receipt of the Society's annual report and audited accounts.
- Invitation to a recital, usually held in July, which is private to sponsors and at which the next season's programme of events is outlined.
The cost of full sponsorship is £2,500 or £2,000 per annum for sponsors who do not require insertion of an advertisement in each programme. In both cases the moneys are payable at the beginning of the season.
Price by arrangement, starting at £2,500 for a recital or £6,000 for a full orchestral concert designated with the sponsor's own name and many other benefits (including advertising) by arrangement.
Advertisements in concert programmes
The cost is £150 for a full page (black and white, A5 format, artwork to be provided by the interested party) or £100 per half page. In both cases the advertiser receives two free VIP tickets.